Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm not alone. REALLY.

I've been surfing around today reading other military wives blogs about deployment and I finally feel, I'm really not alone. For the past 5 months, I felt like I was the ONLY person going through the pain, sadness, loneliness and everything else that comes with deployment. I felt that nobody else (even the other thousands of spouses that have deployed loved ones) knew how I felt. I know there are other people, but there was NOBODY like me. Before I started to blog, I felt like I was the only spouse whose husband has never met his son or is missing the vital months of their babies growing up. I was the only one whose husband missed their b-day, wedding anniversary and birth of his child. But, after a long time searching for somebody like me I've found them. I'm thankful to have found a group of women who aren't afraid to express their true feelings about military life and  deployments, they have given a positive outlook and this very long awaited homecoming and given me strength to get through.

3 comments:

  1. hang in there!! it's a long few months, but you're smart to find the things that make you feel strong and positive. the milspouse community is always there to help with that :)

    beth
    www.expeditionaryfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this world of military wife bloggers, its very helpful and like you said "i'm not alone".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soo much! Yes, I love the milspouse community especially baecuse I don't know too many spouses from the ship!

    ReplyDelete