Friday, March 4, 2011

Don't ask, Don't tell.

I'm watching What would you do
The scenario is what would you do if you seen an openly gay couple in uniform. 
This is the second time the DADT policy has been brought to my attention, I take it as a sign to blog about it. 
Personally, I wouldn't say anything.
I don't agree with the PDA that is outside of military guidelines, but just being affectionate and letting it be known is okay with me.
I support the gay & lesbian community.
As Americans, we live by freedom of expression, but we aren't free to express who we love? 
It doesn't make sense. 
The heart wants what the heart wants, this phrase has been ringing in my head all week.
In my opinion, you can't help who you love.

  I feel that nobody has the right to direct what  goes on in your personal life or your bedroom.
To me, I think the don't ask don't tell policy should be at a person's OWN discretion. If he or she wants to be open with their sexuality, its THEIR decision. They shouldn't be forced to not be themselves. 
They serve in the same military, they protect and serve the same way every other service members. The only difference is their sexual orientation. 
We are all human whether gay, straight, black, white, green or yellow :-)

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and I would love to hear yours! 
What would you do?

*This is MY opinion. I know it's very controversial, but please respect MY opinion.

1 comment:

  1. I was watching that tonight! I was so happy and proud each time a bystander stood up and told the instigating actor to move on and leave them alone.

    I can leave all the politics aside on the DADT policy, I just think the actor was rude and should keep his mouth shut and I hope that I would have said that if I were there.

    (I hope my reply makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say, and not sure it is coming out right.)

    ReplyDelete